CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Beloved Brown Grandma



It was an incredibly hard week last week as I lost my second grandparent in two and a half months. My wonderful "brown" grandma passed away at Maryville where she had been living for 6 months with the horrible diagnosis of Alzheimers. As I said at my grandmother's rosary this past weekend, I choose not to remember that short and difficult time of her life, rather the wonderful 33 years I spent with her. She was such a wonderful, kind, gentle and giving woman and she will remain deep in my heart for the rest of my life. Just like my Blue Gramps, I am convinced she was on a fast track to heaven and is there now, pain free and with all her family and friends that went before her. I am so proud of my dad and how he handled the passing of his mom....he was the one who took care of my gram the most when she was in need and helped hold the entire family together this weekend as we tried to mourn her death.

3 comments:

Kristin Peterson said...

So sorry for your loss Kate. But you are right - these precious kiddos are such blessings in your time of sorrow.

Stacy Simon said...

What a special post Kate. Brown Grandma was an amazing women. Thinking of you and your fam and sending big hugs!

The Moores said...

Katie, you sure have been through a lot the past few months. I'm so sorry. I am glad that I had the chance to know Brown Grandma. She was such an amazing person - so generous and so kind. I'm sure you have many great memories that will last a lifetime. I love you!
Love,
Tricia