Being out at my grandparent's house, the farm, brings nothing but fond memories for me. As a child, I spent countless hours running around the yard through the sprinkler, playing croquet, lying in the hammock, watching the tractors and combines, and spending hours with my Brown Gram. It was extremely emotional for me to see my kids running through the sprinkler without my grandma there to sit back and enjoy it like she did when we were kids. The unexpected surprise was watching my Brown grandpa, who was always so busy working to spend time with us, interact with my kids and me. He took me around the yard and showed me EVERY flower on the property, harvested some veggies from the garden for Tyee and I to take home, and really seemed to enjoy our company. He is extremely lonely without my grandma, but is so much softer and easier to talk to these days. Tyee and I truly love him, and I hope we can continue to form a close and meaningful relationship with him.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
The Farm
Posted by Kate Harpster at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
such a meaningful. loving post, katie.
so good that you have these fond memories to attach to the new ones. afterall, that is what life is. love and memories, yes???
Post a Comment